09 Jun Undone Wave
Ever wondered how a model’s hair always looks so perfect? Follow M+P’s Pavlina (international model and the face of Vivienne Westwood at Paris Fashion Week) she discovers our edit of essential summer looks with our step by step guides.
First up is the Undone Waves; this look is perfect for lazy summer days spent at festivals, BBQ’s or just chilling at the beach.
As seen on Pixie Lott, Georgia Jagger
Quintessential summer hair, the Undone Wave is sexy surfer-girl hair at its best.
1. Prepping the hair with the correct products is so important so layer with L’Oréal Professionnel Beach Wave then rough dry the hair using your hands.
Top Tip: lift the hair away from the face to give a natural lift. Next casually clip the top section of hair away.
2. Always use a product that include thermal protectors like Kerastase Nectar Thermique, it really protects and nourishes the hair stopping it looking parched.
3. Using a straight conical wand, take a random sized section of hair and twist like a rope and wind around the tong away from the face.
4. Using your finger add a natural parting, rather than a pintail comb it will keep the look more lived in and natural.
5. Leave the curls to cool as this will set the wave into the hair, and then shake out using hands and fingers to create a lived-in feel
6. Finally lightly mist with L’Oréal Professionnel Beach Wave, for a cool sexy, lived in look.
Styled by Vintage clothing specialists Beyond Retro.