31 Jul Pixie Crop
If ever there was a time to go for a pixie short crop, it’s now! Our style crush of the moment Maggie Gyllenhaal, who starring in smash hit drama “The Honourable Woman” is creating a storm with her super chic crop.
Want her look? Follow Siobhan Jones, Artistic Ambassador rules of the Crop:
- Ideal if you have a petite oval face, but don’t worry if you don’t, your stylist can adapt the look to make it work for you. Longer face shapes should opt for more length around the fringe while rounder face shapes should opt for more length on top.
- Take a picture of the look to your appointment so that the stylist knows exactly what you want. I always keep the sides as short as possible , if too long it can often make face shapes look rounder and less flattering. Also ask your stylist to keep the edges soft, angular edges can be very harsh and masculine.
- This cut is super easy to manage at home but remember to keep the shape you will need regular cuts – every 5- 6 weeks depending on how quickly your hair grows.
- For a quick and easy every day style, finger-dry all your hair forward and spritz with L’Oréal Professionnel tecni.ART BEACH WAVES for a soft lived in look.
- For a sexy date night style, add a deep side parting. Start with wet hair and add in your parting and then dry hair away from the parting with a vent brush to help flatten to your head. Finish with Kerastase K Styling Touche Finale for a super sleek high shine look.